Your Donations make the Difference!
GAS is a local charity that relies on support from the wider community to continue our support for families affected by ASCs. Individuals with ASCs have complex needs and can have profound difficulties with social communication and interaction.
Donated funds enable us to offer and provide a welcoming and appropriate autism-friendly environment, a greater range of activities and outings, specialised play equipment, and resources that assist in the development of social communication and interaction skills and facilitate integration with the local community.
- Supplies for sensory play
- Ingredients for baking
- Jigsaws, board games and books
- DVDs and computer games
- Small sensory toys
- 1 PECS folder (communication book)
- Small group outing
- Bean bags for the White Room or Reading Room
- Large sensory toys
- Whole group social outing
- Swimming trip for whole group
- Chairs for technology rooms
- Sensory equipment for the White Room
- Group outing to Dundee by train
- Games Console
- Tables and chairs for dining areas
Individuals and organisations can make a regular or one-off financial contribution to GAS via our JustGiving page.
Every single donation, no matter how big or small, really does make a difference to the lives of the people we support, with all the money contributing to the work of the charity.
If you are a UK taxpayer, we can also automatically claim an extra 25% in Gift Aid from the government on every donation at no extra cost to you. That means that a £10 donation can become £12.50. This makes an enormous difference so please make sure you tick the Gift Aid box if you are a UK taxpayer.
If you prefer to make donations offline, you can:
- Send us a cheque
- Send us a postal order
- Make a direct BACS transfer
- Set up a standing order to make a recurring monthly payment to us
If you would like to make a BACS transfer or set up a standing order, please contact us for more information.
Are you interested in the future of GAS?
GAS is a membership organisation, set up this way so that people who care about the support provided for people affected by Autism in North East Scotland can have a say in the future of the Society and the direction it takes.
We communicate regularly with all our friends and supporters through our Newsletters and other updates, but additional benefits are available to those who sign up for membership:
- Discount on GAS autism awareness/training events
- Discount on admission to social events
- Opportunity to provide ongoing financial support for the work of GAS through the annual subscription (free for 2017 and 2018)
- Opportunity to provide input on the future direction of the organisation
- Voting rights at Annual General Meetings
If you care about the future of GAS, please consider becoming a member. The Board recently agreed that the annual subscription would be free for 2017 and 2018, so there is no cost (though we always welcome donations).
“On behalf of everyone at GAS, I would like to say a big thank you to all our donors. You help us to make a difference in the lives of the many people we support every week.”Brian Walsh
There are lots of easy and fun ways you can fundraise to contribute to the valuable work we do in North East Scotland. All the money raised goes directly towards helping people supported by GAS.
Want to raise money to support GAS, but not sure where to start? Here’s a list of ideas that might help inspire you:
- Hold a bake sale
- Run a guessing game, such as “guess how many sweets are in the jar”
- A naming game – ask people to guess the name of a teddy bear
- Organise a sponsored silence
- Give something up, e.g. chocolate
- Host a quiz night
- Hold a party
- Set up a musical performance
- Organise a fancy dress event
- Run a raffle
- Get active – take part in an organised sponsored walk or run (or organise one yourself)
- Run a games day – challenge friends and family
- Organise an arts and crafts fair – make cards, jewellery or art to sell
- Do you know of a business who might adopt us as their charity for a year?
GAS is officially registered on JustGiving, an online fundraising platform, so you can easily raise money online. It’s a simple, quick and efficient way of fundraising so that your family and friends can sponsor you at any time from any place – which means you can spend less time collecting money and more time raising it! Simply click on our JustGiving link to get started.
If you would prefer to raise money offline, you can download our sponsorship form instead. Once you’ve collected all your sponsorship money, simply return the form with a cheque made payable to Grampian Autistic Society.
Find out more...
For more information, please contact Becky Rafferty on 01224 277900, or use this contact form.